This week is the official launch of our new mini-series on loneliness and finding your tribe. Dr. Michelle Robin talks to Audrey Robin, her niece and newest member of the Small Changes Big Shifts team, to introduce the series.
Audrey Robin is a holistic health copywriter who writes online content for functional medicine practitioners and health coaches. In this episode, Audrey turns the conversation around and interviews Dr. Robin about finding her tribe and building connections in a society fraught with loneliness.
“Hug yourself first, hug your faith, hug your family, hug your friends, hug your flag, hug your failures, hug your fears, hug your future, hug your firsts, hug your finals.” – Dr. Michelle Robin
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
“Don’t give up and you’re going to have to put yourself out there. Don’t expect to sit at home checked out with Netflix and build your tribe.” – Dr. Michelle Robin
What You’ll Learn:
How to enrich your life using our Wheel of Support Worksheet and build more authentic relationships.
This Episode Includes:
- The mental health crisis affecting young people today.
- The rising anxiety and depression numbers, which are correlated to our lack of connection with each other – and it started long before the pandemic.
- How the Wheel of Support can help you navigate building your tribe and resilience.
- The inspiration behind this new series.
- Why caring for your Psychospiritual Quadrant will improve your mental health.
- Why self-care is self-love.
- Michelle’s passion to help our community and world overcome loneliness and depression – and tools and resources she suggests.
- The importance of realizing we were created for connection – no one goes alone.
- How you must see value in yourself before you can create your tribe, realize the gifts you have to offer the world, and invest in those lifetime relationships.
- Michelle looks back at her life and reflects how you can often see the people who have supported you all along.
- Homework for listeners: Complete the Wheel of Support Worksheet, then write a note to everyone on your wheel to let them know they matter to you.
Three Takeaways from Today’s Episode:
- Millennials and Gen Z are most struggling with a mental health crisis exacerbated by lost connection and lack of self-love.
- Authentic relationships turn into lifetime relationships.
- Four steps to building lifetime relationships: Show up with a servant’s heart, be a go-giver, meet people one-on-one, and celebrate each other.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Your Wellness Connection
- Download the Wheel of Support Worksheet
Your download will begin automatically after clicking the link.
- 40 Days of Gratitude Series on Facebook Live
- The E Factor: Engage, Energize, Enrich book by Dr. Michelle Robin
- The Hoffman Process
- Strengthsfinder, Enneagram, Kolbe Test, Predictive Index
- Just Be Held song by Casting Crown