Jen Ciszewski is a functional medicine practitioner, lactation consultant, nature lovin’, birth doula, yoga teacher & family nurse practitioner student.
She is also an entrepreneur who has set out to change the way we live with chronic symptoms and overall poor quality of life due to the foods, thoughts, and habits we consume daily.
Her very own struggle with autoimmune disease led her to rock bottom physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. For a period of months in her mid-twenties she was couch-ridden and unable to continue in her career as a nurse.
It was at this low that she learned the information and habits that would change her life and create the launch pad for her current success. A few short years later and she is now healing, inspiring, and leading others to improve their health – to then elevate their entire life!!!
Join Dr. Michelle and Jen in Part 1 as they talk about:
- Jen’s career and how she shifted it when she discovered she had an autoimmune disease with thyroid complications.
- How her autoimmune disease took over and impacted her mental wellbeing.
- Why many people with autoimmune disease are told that their body is broken but Jen doesn’t believe this is the case.
- The gradual downhill in her health until it all of a sudden became worse in a short period of time.
- Common conditions and root causes of autoimmune disease.
- The options her doctor told her the first time she met with someone and why it didn’t sit well with her.
- How her autoimmune disease sparked her interest in functional medicine to help people treat the root cause of chronic conditions.
- Why she believes her experience with epstein barr virus led to worse health conditions over the years.
- What she looks out for when treating people: pathogens, toxins, and nutrient deficiencies.
- Why we are all here on Earth for a purpose and how you can uncover your gifts and passion to be aligned with your soul.
- What intuition means and how you can begin to dial into it more each day.
- Why sometimes our purpose isn’t aligned with our paycheck but our income allows us to live it out.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Jen Ciszewski
- KC Women’s Ministry
- Inspire Health by Jen LLC
- Midday Pigeon blog
- Barbara De Angelis
- Wellness On A Shoestring by Dr. Michelle Robin
- SCBS Sleep Campaign
- Your Wellness Connection
- SCBS 40 Days of Gratitude
- SCBS 31-Day Kindness Campaign
- Big Shifts Foundation
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union