Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers is a graduate of the Disparities Leadership Program at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital.
She is also an alumna of the University of Pittsburgh where she received a Doctorate in epidemiology with a focus on understanding barriers associated with chronic disease and disability prevention.
She is an expert in custom holistic health services with one-of-a-kind expertise in chronic diseases, disability prevention, and healthy aging.
Between her extensive education and own experience struggling to overcome chronic health issues of 30 years, she is passionate about customized holistic healthcare that addresses root causes of pain, not just the symptoms.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers in Part 1 as they talk about:
- Elizabeth Rodgers| Healthy Transformation with the Heart
- What an epidemiologist is and her role in helping people during their wellness journeys.
- How she helps people get to the root cause of their health problems.
- What many epidemiologists focus on including community health, cancer, virology, longevity, and chronic illness.
- Her tragic experience going into septic shock from internal bleeding during a routine surgery, surviving death, and shifting her focus on life.
- Michelle’s mission to help adolescents, especially young adults get on a path to whole person health for the rest of their lives.
- Why Elizabeth believes she developed kidney stones at the young age of 23 years old and as a woman due to her lifestyle habits as a child into adulthood.
- The impact that chronic dehydration and a diet high in protein can have in contributing to the formation of kidney stones.
- How her over the top work ethic and lack of a healthy social support group impacted her wellbeing as an undergrad and graduate student.
- Her PTSD after her kidney stone surgery and how it took her many years to fully heal that trauma emotionally and mentally.
- Common poor health trends she is seeing and why it isn’t just physical or emotional symptoms but a combination.
- The negative impact of mainstream medicine and how it has stripped people of hope with all of the trauma they have experienced from it.