PR and Social Media Director at Hallmark Cards, JiaoJiao Shen, joins Dr. Michelle Robin to discuss freedom and the power of connection.
Join Dr. Michelle and JiaoJiao as they talk about:
- What it is like for JiaoJiao being a Chinese immigrant in the USA with two biracial children.
- Her thoughts on freedom especially with both children having been born on July 4, three years apart.
- Unpacking the discrimination and increase in hate we have seen in our communities over the last couple of years.
- Thoughts on Asian food and why we see people either love it or hate and discriminate against it.
- What people can do better to help support all races in their community.
- The continuous journey we’re all on towards anti-racism and how we can keep learning and improving.
- What difference we can make in the media and Hollywood by demanding more diverse content.
- Asian role models JiaoJiao had growing up and why she’s excited to see more representation in her children’s TV shows and movies.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Both My Kids Were Born on the Fourth of July, but Are They Really Free?
- Stop AAPI Hate
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong
- Asian Americans | PBS
- Wellness On A Shoestring by Dr. Michelle Robin
- SCBS Sleep Campaign
- Your Wellness Connection
- SCBS 40 Days of Gratitude
- SCBS 31-Day Kindness Campaign
- Big Shifts Foundation
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union