About Dr. Jeff Mincher
Jeff Mincher, MD, is a board-certified family medicine physician at AdventHealth Medical Group Primary Care at Shawnee Mission. With experience in family medicine, obstetrics and integrative medicine, Dr. Mincher provides care for patients with a wide range of health needs, from chronic disease management to women’s care to routine preventive or acute care.
A native of Kansas City, Mo., Dr. Mincher earned dual bachelor’s degrees at the University of Kansas before undertaking a two-year assignment with Jesuit Volunteer Corps at a health clinic in Wisconsin. Fueled by a newfound respect for the value of preventive health care, he returned to KU to attend the School of Medicine.
After earning his medical degree, he went on to complete his family medicine residency, including service as chief resident, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City and a fellowship in primary care leadership at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Mincher joined AdventHealth Medical Group in 2020 after working as a family physician in Lawrence, Kan.
About Dr. Roger Hall
Author of Staying Happy, Being Productive: The Big 10 Things Successful , Dr. Roger Hallhelps people learn to monitor and manage their thinking. For over 25 years, he has consulted with leaders from all types of companies, judges in federal courts, university faculty, social workers, teachers, nurses, construction workers, landscapers, and box-makers. He helps his clients become better versions of themselves so they can improve their own lives and the lives of those they serve.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Jeff as they discuss:
- What he is grateful for the most from COVID-19.
- The gifts and experiences he has been given this past year.
- Why men have struggled more than women with COVID-19.
- The importance of seeking healthcare check-ups for preventative care with a doctor you can rely on.
- What types of test men should do during their health check up.
- The importance of keeping your health under control to avoid cardiovascular disease.
- His favorite tips for living a healthy life especially focused on things that you enjoy.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Roger Hall as they talk about:
- How he helps people monitor and manage their thinking.
- Unpacking his book, Staying Happy, Being Productive: The Big 10 Things Successful.
- Some of his favorite takeaways from his book which include getting more sleep.
- What are some of the tools and assignments he gives people to help manage their thoughts.
- The benefits of checking in with your thoughts every hour to help you monitor them and notice common themes.
- How you can break the cycle in negative thought loops and emotions.
- What steps you can do to replace false, negative thoughts with accurate, true counter thoughts.
- The importance of loving relationships for wellbeing.
- How the lack of human interaction and connection has impacted our mental health in 2020 and now in 2021.
- What advice he would give to leaders who are struggling to help their employees with motivation and staying focused.
- What happiness actually looks like and it doesn’t mean having money.
- How to re-energize your brain by being physically active and be a bit more conscious about your food choices.
Mentioned In This Episode
- Roger Hall
- Staying Happy, Being Productive: The Big 10 Things Successful People Do by Dr. Roger Hall
- Viktor Frankl
- The Hoffman Process
- SCBS Episode 276 – Frank Ferrante
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
- Negotiate This!: By Caring, But Not T-H-A-T Much by Herb Cohen
- SCBS Sleep Campaign
- Your Wellness Connection
- SCBS 40 Days of Gratitude
- Big Shifts Foundation
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union
- SCBS 31-Day Kindness Campaign