Abid Bhat, MD MBA, Sleep Medicine Specialist and a firm believer in integrating Western Medicine with Mind-Body Therapies.
Dr Abid Bhat has been in the practice of Sleep Medicine for over 15 years. He has provided medical care to people with various sleep disorders, including insomnia (difficulty falling sleep or staying sleep), sleep apnea (a person snores loud and stops breathing in sleep), parasomnia (sleep walking), restless legs syndrome (urge to move legs while trying to fall sleep) and a number of other related conditions.
Millions of Americans continue to suffer from sleep disruption but, unfortunately, majority of them are undiagnosed. Sleep is quintessential in preventing chronic ailments like obesity, heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. Dr Bhat’s passion is to present sleep as THE essential ingredient to maintain a positive state of health and well-being by combining Western medicine and Holistic Medicine.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Abid as they talk about:
- The growing number of people with sleep disorders because of the COVID-19 pandemic including the latest: Coronasomnia.
- Top 3 common sleeping disorders: insomnia, sleep apnea, and restless leg syndrome.
- How a sleeping disorder can impact relationships.
- The fact that 1 in 3 adults in the USA has a sleeping disorder like insomnia.
- How sleep apnea can lead to insomnia.
- Different ways that sleep apnea presents itself such as unexplained fatigue, tiredness, early morning headaches, migraines, and irritability.
- Why some people will actually act out what they’re dreaming and it can be quite dangerous sometimes for their partner.
- The pros and cons of over the counter sleep aids and prescriptions.
- How to prepare yourself for a good night’s rest.
- Why sleep is a good defense to keep you healthy and get better quicker if you do become sick.