WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship. – Wm. Paul Young
At 9:00am Christmas morning, Dr. Michelle Robin was joined by author Paul Young. In an interview Paul said he had written primarily as a way to create unique gifts for his friends, until his wife repeatedly urged him to write something for their six children in order to put down in one place his perspectives on God and on the inner healing Young had experienced as an adult. The resulting manuscript, that later became The Shack.
Join Dr. Michelle and Paul as they talk about:
- How he has cultivated the ability to be present and not get lost in anxious thoughts about the future.
- Why trust, love, and gratitude are always in the present tense.
- What you can do when you are experiencing fearful thoughts in the present moment; either let them control you or trust life’s journey.
- Why ‘grace’ is a freedom word that is buried in trust.
- Difficult moments in his marriage and the choices he faced.
- The abuse that both Dr. Michelle and Paul experienced early on in their own lives and how that has impacted their journeys of healing.
- Identity issues we are facing in 2020 including our focus on money.
- How writing The Shack blessed his life even before it was published.
- Why everything becomes a gift when you learn to live without expectations.
- Gifts that we have been given in 2020 if we look hard enough for them and realize that this has been a year of exposure.