WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
Half of your happiness depends on conscious choices you make every day. Choices that with time become habits. – Dr. Amit Sood
Dr. Amit Sood is the creator of the Resilient Option program. He is one of the world’s leading experts on resilience and wellbeing, and executive director of the Global Center for Resiliency and Wellbeing. He was also professor of medicine, and Chair for student life and wellness at Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Sood has authored or co-authored over 70 peer-reviewed papers and is the author of several books including, The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living, The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness, Mindfulness Redesigned, SMART with Dr. Sood, The Resilience Journal, and Build Your Immune Resilience.
He has received numerous awards including the 2010 Distinguished Service, 2010 Innovator of the Year, 2013 Outstanding Physician Scientist and 2016 Faculty of the Year awards, all from Mayo Clinic. He was selected as one among top 20 intelligent optimists in the world (Ode Magazine). Dr. Sood was also selected by RWJ Foundation as one of the health care pioneers.
Don’t let the negative few affect the positive many. – Dr. Michelle Robi
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Amit as they talk about:
- Why cultivating kindness in your life is easiest when you share it with someone else.
- How remembering your previous acts of kindness can bring you out of a funk if you’re feeling down.
- What we can do to build resilience during the US elections and beyond in 2020.
- How looking forward to future events such as Thanksgiving can help lift your spirits.
- What steps we can do to shift our mindset to our benefit.
- The early signs of fatigue and why we should combat it sooner than later.
- How we can heal as a nation by first focusing on healing ourselves individually.
- What steps you can take to boost your health now at his site, Immune Resilience.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Confucius
Learn new tools for transforming your community and own wellbeing including:
- His favorite self-care practices to enhance his own wellbeing and how you can apply them to your life.
- All about his Resilient Option program and their mission to help people thrive.
- His apps, Zizo and MoodCandy, and how they can help us build greater resilience.
- What optional suffering is and why we’re wired to have it because of our brain’s negativity bias.
- How to become happier every day with conscious choices that will become habits over time.
- The importance of rest and focusing on something during the day to uplift your emotions.
Discover Dr. Amit’s Three Steps for Stress Management:
Our greatest freedom is the freedom to choose our attitude. – Viktor Frankl
Mentioned In This Episode
- Amit Sood
- Resilient Option program
- Happy Brain: How to Overcome Our Neural Predispositions to Suffering | Amit Sood, MD | TEDxUNI
- Mayo Clinic
- The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living
- The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness
- Mindfulness Redesigned
- SMART with Dr. Sood
- The Resilience Journal
- Build Your Immune Resilience
- Wellness on a Shoestring® by Dr. Michelle Robin
- Kindness Campaign Deck
- SCBS Episode 289 – Rennie McKinney
- 5 minute journal app
- Immune Resilience
- Advent Health
- Community America