WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
Rennie Shuler-McKinney, MS, LCP, has dedicated her professional career to serving others and focusing on those struggling with depression and suicidal behavior. In her current role as Clinical Director of Behavioral Health Services at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, she leads multiple teams on the inpatient acute care psychiatric unit, the Intensive Outpatient Program and the 24-hour Behavioral Health Assessment Center.
She has also spent more than 20 years in private practice, providing therapy to adolescents and their families. Rennie is a Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist, receiving her Master of Science Degree in Psychology and her Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Sociology from Pittsburg State University.
Rennie currently serves as the Chair of the Johnson County Suicide Prevention Coalition, is on the Board of Heartland Regional Alcohol and Substance Abuse Center and is the past chair of the Kansas Hospital Association’s Behavioral Health Task Force.
Join Dr. Michelle and Rennie as they talk about:
- What help and therapeutic treatments are available in Kansas City if you are anxious, depressed, or have suicidal thoughts.
- Why some people struggle with being kind more than others and how we can better understand why.
- Why we’re more likely to be kind when we witness others doing it too.
- Mental health statistics from June 2020 and the fatigue people are now feeling into the end of the year.
- Why it’s so important for people to receive the support they need so that they do not become hopeless.
- Which lessons of kindness she learned from her father from a very young age.
Learn new tools for transforming your community and own wellbeing including:
- Approaching our relationships and interactions with a soft heart.
- The science behind the three feel good hormones that are released when you give or receive kindness.
- What people are doing in the Kansas City community to spread kindness and how you can join.
- The importance of being kind to everyone no matter their job role or background.