WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
What creates more joy, more happiness, more contentment than a simple sense of fun? – Rev Wendy Craig-Purcell in Ask Yourself This!
Affectionately called “The Rev” by her spiritual community, Rev. Wendy Craig-Purcell has been a force in the effort toward global change for nearly 40 years. Her personal mission to “teach everyday spiritual wisdom for conscious living and global transformation” inspires and informs all her work.
A graduate of the Unity School of Christianity, Wendy was ordained as a Unity minister in 1980. Just a few years later, she founded The Unity Center, a 500-member spiritual community located in San Diego, California where she currently serves as CEO and Spiritual Leader.
With a strong interest in spiritually motivated social action, Wendy and The Unity Center community were instrumental in the formation of the San Diego Department of Peace. It has since become Americans for the Department of Peace (AFDOP) and now encompasses all of Southern California.
Be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
Join Dr. Michelle and Rev. Wendy as they talk about:
- How her grandmother introduced her to Unity and what inspired her to become a minister.
- Why we’re seeing more people search out for a spiritual community in 2020.
- How our priorities have shifted during COVID-19.
- Unpacking the New Thought Movement and Virtual White Allies Gatherings to help combat racism.
- The relationship they have with their parents and what lessons they have learned from them.
Learn new tools for transforming your life including:
- How we can be more mindful while communicating with the people in our lives each day.
- Principles we can practice if our inner peace has been challenged including C.A.L.M. – Compassionate, Awake, Loving, and Mindful.
- What we can do to help our communities heal by listening to our black members.
- Small acts of kindness that go a long way to bring joy to others.
Businesses is the murder of compassion. – Dr. Joan Borsinco
Mentioned In This Episode
- Wendy Craig-Purcell
- Unity School of Christianity
- The Unity Center
- Ask Yourself This: Questions to Open the Heart, Expand the Mind and Awaken the Soul by Rev. Wendy Craig-Purcell
- Living in Vitality | AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Tom Hill
- Jack Canfield
- The Hoffman Process
- David W. Campt
- Joan Borysenko