WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
Sugar is the sociopath of foods. It acts sweet, but it’s really poison. – Karen Salmansohn
Are you living a lifestyle causing insulin resistance? What can you do to reverse it?
Robby Barbaro, MPH, is one of the Co-Founders of Mastering Diabetes, a coaching program that teaches people how to reverse insulin resistance via low-fat, plant-based, whole-food nutrition.
Robby was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2000, and has been living a plant-based lifestyle since 2006. He worked at Forks Over Knives for 6 years, and earned a Master’s in Public Health in 2019.
Join Dr. Michelle and Robby as they talk about:
- The differences between Type 1, 2, and 3 diabetes plus how much of the USA population is living with each one.
- What all types of diabetes have in common: insulin resistance.
- Their mission at Mastering Diabetes: to help people reverse their insulin resistance.
- The chronic diseases that can occur when somebody is already insulin resistant including Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer, PCOS, and more.
- Symptoms of insulin resistance that you add to your wellness toolbox when paying attention to your health.
- Key teaching points that they share in Mastering Diabetes.
- Common myths about a plant-based diet.
Learn new tools for transforming your health including:
- What steps you can take if you think you may have pre-diabetes or diabetes.
- Different tests including an A1C to find out where your range is at.
- The “plant-strong” diet approach and their own specific method at Mastering Diabetes.
- Their list of red light, yellow light, and green light foods when following the Mastering Diabetes method.
- How changing just one of your meals will help you shift your health and why focusing on breakfast is the easiest way to begin.