WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
As long as I have some love in my heart, it mitigates the sense of separation. – Frank Ferrante
This week we are sharing Dr. Michelle’s interview with Frank Ferrante from our 2020 Rhythm & Resilience series. Frank is a Sicilian from Brooklyn living in San Francisco.
A lover of life, great food, and a good laugh, Frank was also a drug addict, morbidly obese, pre-diabetic, and fighting Hepatitis C. Estranged from his daughter, single, and struggling with depression, Frank knows that life can be better than this, and looked for a way out.
Through Frank’s story of love, redemption, and transformation, the viewers of the May I Be Frank documentary and readers of his book, May I Be Frank, documentary witness the power of change for themselves and the world. It’s the essence of the human condition and what it truly means to fall in love again.
Join Dr. Michelle and Frank as they talk about:
- Unpacking his life before the film including health, family, work, and education.
- How the May I Be Frank documentary completely changed his life and the obstacles he went through including imposter syndrome at the beginning.
- His COVID-19 lockdown experience and how it allowed him to self-reflect and positively impact his relationships.
- What guidance he has to share on cultivating long term relationships with the people we meet during our lifetimes.
- Taking a closer look at how our behavior affects the people in our lives.
- Why he believes a key part of why depression happens is because we’re not aligned with our core beliefs.
- What steps you can take right now if you are feeling lonely.
Learn new tools to add to your wellness toolbox including:
- The power of connecting with yourself and how to release thoughts and feelings that are no longer serving you anymore.
- What process he goes through to get rid of the different voices inside his head and instead just listen to one – his own.
- Why reaching out and helping someone else can be some of the best medicine for your own wellbeing.
- Unpacking why we’re the happiest when we’re not even thinking about ourselves but of other people.
- How we can show up as our authentic selves by focusing on what brings us joy.
Do something nice for somebody and don’t get caught. – Frank Ferrante
Mentioned In This Episode
- SCBS Ep. 18: Raz Ingrasci and Frank Ferrante – Ready to Feng Shui Your Soul?
- May I Be Frank Trailer
- Stream May I Be Frank Documentary
- May I Be Frank Book:
- May I Be Frank DVD
- Day 8 – Rhythm and Resilience with Reverend Patricia T. Bass
- The Hoffman Process
- Day 6 – Rhythm and Resilience with Teri Griege
- Byron Katie