WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
If you want to be unhappy, think about yourself. If you want to be happy, think about others. – Dalai Lama
People in healthcare are struggling. Physician burnout levels are high.
On Small Changes Big Shifts this week, Physician Coach, Speaker, and Author of many publications including the book, Everyday Resilience, Dr. Gail Gazelle, joins Dr. Michelle Robin on Wisdom Wednesday to share how we can all become more resilient each day.
Prior to becoming a physician coach, and at a critically stressful time in her career, she struggled with self-doubt, constant rumination, and over-tiredness.
Today we will be discussing her own health and career journey, imposter syndrome and how to vanquish yours as well as resilience during COVID-19 and especially for healthcare workers.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Gail as they talk about:
- Why she shifted her career of being a veterinarian to a physician with a specific focus on hospice care.
- Why she felt called to help physicians with their chronic fatigue and burnout.
- The abusive childhood she had and how she has healed from her past.
- Unpacking the five regrets that the dying often have at the end of their lives.
- Why resilience is about shedding our old ways and learning practical strategies.
- Common themes amongst physicians who face burnout.
- Impostor syndrome narratives many physicians have going on in their minds.
- Unpacking the mental health crisis that was happening before COVID-19, now, and the outlook of it in the future.
Learn new tools to add to your wellness toolbox including:
- How to become more resilient now during COVID-19 and moving forward into the future.
- Practical strategies to help us shift from imposter syndrome, not just for physicians but for everyone.
- How you can become friends with the imposter voice inside your head.
- Learning how to reveal the deep inner strength and resilience that lies within all of us.
- Why self-compassion is one of the most powerful medicinals out there to help us heal.
Download a free chapter from Dr. Gail’s book, Everyday Resilience!
My mind is a bad neighborhood that I try not to go into alone – Anne Lamott
Mentioned In This Episode
- Everyday Resilience by Dr. Gail Gazelle
- Gail Gazelle
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing by Bronnie Ware
- The Hoffman Process
- Byron Katie
- Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine
- Five Minute Journal app
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach
- The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield
- Radical Forgiveness by Colin C. Tipping
- Mindful Blue KC
- 6: Dr. Amit Sood – Living From The Heart