WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
“When your mind wants to feel in control of an uncontrollable situation, it resorts to self blame but when we have set blame down and truly grieve, we can take our empty and open hands and pick up responsibility for living well and living right.” – Dennis Tirch
This week on Small Changes Big Shifts, Dr. Michelle Robin is joined by the Co-Founders of MaxLove Project, Justin Wilford & Audra DiPadova. Audra and Justin are the parents of Max and Maesie. When their son, Max, was 4 years old, he was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive brain tumor. Max’s treatment, recovery, and journey into survivorship led Justin and Audra to found MaxLove Project to help other families thrive in childhood cancer treatment and beyond.
The MaxLove Project team is made up of a group of extraordinarily dedicated individuals who are passionate about improving the lives of all SuperKids and SuperFamilies and works behind the scenes to support the mission of the organization.
They believe that survivorship starts the day of diagnosis. All childhood cancer survivors face a lifetime of serious life-threatening health risks. They believe that the statistics are not destiny and they are changing the odds for families facing childhood cancers with evidence-based integrative wellness and culinary medicine.
Discover how you can grow into our own journey of empowerment and greater wellness by focusing on what you can control.
Join Dr. Michelle, Justin, and Audra as they talk about:
- Their background in various industries from higher education, culinary, disease prevention, and health promotion.
- How all of their interests were combined together to empower them when Max was diagnosed with cancer.
- What life was like for them before and after Max’s diagnosis including Justin’s new mission to help as many people as he and Audra could with The MaxLove Project.
- The village it takes to really keep a cause like The MaxLove Project get off of the ground and also keep it moving.
- How they and their team have and continue to empower people through cancer.
- Their future plans to continue helping parents and children including their BeSuper Action Plan.
Learn new tools to add to your wellness toolbox including:
- How we can improve the quality of life and live our best days together.
- Steps to build a powerful mindset and give yourself permission to really listen to conversations like this one with Justin and Audra.
- What you can do to empower your family including cooking with “fierce foods” via their Culinary Medicine Program and applying whole-body wellness.
- Breaking down why social health in itself is a health behavior and how to find your wellness tribe.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Viktor Frankl
Mentioned In This Episode
- MaxLove Project
- Justin Wilford
- Audra DiPadova
- MaxLove Project: Our Story
- Culinary Medicine Program
- The Ohana Project
- BeSuper Action Plan
- The Golden Apron Society
- Family Support + Local Social Programs
- BigShifts Foundation
- 265 Paul Long
- 263 Tess Masters
- 062 Melissa Hartwig
- 267 – Liza Ingrasci
- The Hoffman Institute
- Living in Vitality | AdventHealth Shawnee Mission