WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
“No amount of thought will ever result in any greater formulation then these three words, ‘Love one another,’ so long as it is love to the end and without exceptions.” – Mother Maria of Paris
With a contagious enthusiasm for leadership and innovation and passion for entrepreneurship, Father Justin Mathews joins Dr. Michelle Robin in this week’s Small Changes Big Shifts podcast episode.
Fr. Justin is a Kansas City native with 20 years experience developing and executing successful strategies for social, mission-driven for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Father Justin Mathews serves as the Executive Director of Reconciliation Services [RS], a growing nonprofit located at 31st and Troost, the historic racial and economic dividing line of Kansas City, MO. The mission of RS is to “cultivate a community seeking reconciliation to transform Troost from a dividing line into a gathering place, and reveal the strength of all.”
Join Dr. Michelle and Fr. Justin as they talk about:
- Why he changed his life’s purpose from the music industry to combine faith, business and philanthropy.
- About Thelma’s Kitchen’s mission plus the delivery service they’re providing during COVID-19.
- Their plan to launch Thelma’s Kitchen Box Lunch in August 2020.
- What reconciliation means to him and how we can apply it to our lives.
- Their top tips to reconnect with other people to recharge their batteries during COVID-19.
Learn new tools to add to your wellness toolbox including:
- How to guide our inner soul during 2020.
- Self-care practices to come back into balance with himself including movement.
- The importance to connect with other people and being intentional of our proximity to them.
- Being aware of our thoughts and how they impact our actions and attitude.
- Learning to be okay with solitude and enjoy it as a gift.