WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
“How do we continue to serve our mission, but also do so from a financially responsible and cautionary way?” – Jessica Blubaugh
What can we do to encourage movement during a time of restriction?
This week, director of Win for KC Jessica Blubaugh, discusses the mission of empowering women and girls in sports. Win for KC’s annual TRYathalon is now virtual! Jessica describes the creative problem solving to keep the event accessible, fun, and safe.
About Jessica Blubaugh
Jessica began her career with WIN for KC as an intern over a decade ago. Since then, Jessica worked for KC Sports Commission followed by the Women’s Sports Foundation in New York and Atlanta. Afterwards, she transitioned to Teach For America as Senior Marketing Director. Jessica then became the Director of Partnerships & Events for Visit KC.
She has come full circle and is now the Director of Win for KC, where she interned 10 years prior. She has spent 15 years in the nonprofit center and worked with great athletes such as Billie Jean King and Michelle Kwan.
Join Dr. Michelle and Jessica as they talk about:
- Jessica’s COVID tradition – writing positive quotes on a chalkboard outside
- Win for KC’s mission of empowering women through sports
- The inspiration of TRYathalon Triathlon
- Pivoting the TRYathalon to a virtual event, transitioning Camp Win at home, and opening the events to boys for the first time
- The inspiration of the Youth Advisory Board, giving local youth positions to make positive change
- Robin sponsoring 2 participants for the TRYathalon
- Envisioning the conversations we’ll be having in 2022
Discover how to be impactful during times of controversy as Jessica shares:
- Creating connections for kids through diversity and inner city initiatives
- Decisions in wearing masks
- Systemic racism being a muscle we have to work at every day
- Managing negative thought patterns
- Guidance to move safely outside and social distancing