WATCH OR LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
What is the blessing of fear?
Join us as we gather to reset our new daily rhythm and build resilience during this time of change.
I’m excited to have Adam Hamilton. Adam is senior pastor of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas, one of the fastest growing, most highly visible churches in the country. The Church Report named Hamilton’s congregation the most influential mainline church in America, and he preached at the National Prayer Service as part of the presidential inauguration festivities in 2013. Hamilton is the best-selling and award-winning author of The Call, Making Sense of the Bible, Love to Stay, The Journey, The Way, 24 Hours That Changed the World, Revival, Not a Silent Night, Enough, When Christians Get It Wrong, and Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White,all published by Abingdon Press. Adam has been married 30 years to LaVon. They have two grown daughters.
I’m happy to have Adam share how they’re finding Rhythm and Resilience right now, and how we can do the same. I invite you to tune in as we unite as a community.
Looking forward to spending time together for some R & R.
Join Dr. Michelle and Adam as they talk about:
- The importance of rhythm during quarantine.
- Pastor Adam’s call to church.
- Faith being an experience of trust.
- Rising levels of anxiety and suicide, and how to create hope.
- Tuning out the noise and paying attention to the nudges, whispers, and God moments.
- Pastor Adam’s “God-incidence” in Atlanta with a man who passed.
- Tragic passings of Mindy Corporan and Erin Langhofer.
- How to reconcile tragedy with an all loving God, Dr. Martin Luther King’s interpretation.
- Fear being a gift of God.
- Being mindful of media consumption.
- A quick breath prayer
- Pastor Adam’s prayer practice
- What guidance and gifts have come from quarantine
- Pastor Adam’s medicine