“The body is sick because of two reasons; it’s either
toxic or deficient.” – Dr. James Chestnut
On Today’s Episode
As healthcare continues to evolve, the role that functional medicine plays is increasingly important. Individuals are feeling empowered to take a more active role in their own health and health coaches are a rapidly growing segment of the industry.
As a Health & wellness practitioner and educator. Dr. Sandi is passionate about transforming our broken healthcare system and empowering people to become CEOs of their own health.
She believes that a great health coach is the ally each of us needs to make healthy changes that actually last. She founded the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, in collaboration with The Institute for Functional Medicine, where her Health Coach Certification Program has trained over 1500 coaches and counting.
A clinical psychologist for over 35 years, she is an expert in positive psychology and mind-body medicine, and the author of Functional Medicine Coaching, Stop Panic Attacks in 10 Easy Steps, and How to Give Clients the Skills to Stop Panic Attacks.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Sandra as they talk about:
- How to stop your panic attacks in several easy steps including a simple breathwork practice.
- What functional medicine is and how it differs from western medicine.
- Common things that can wreak havoc on the body without even realizing it.
- How to become the worst host for COVID19 by boosting your immune system with a personalized nutrition, exercise, and mindfulness practice.
- Why toxic words you think or say can also act as chemicals that harm the body and mind.
- Predicted after effects of COVID19 and why coaches are needed more than ever to help people who have been and will be impacted emotionally, financially, and physically.
- How to follow a process so that tiny habits stick over time for big shifts.
“To remember who you are is what you do when life hands you a pile of poo.”
– Pile of Poo – Emojiland Musical
Mentioned In This Episode
- Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum
- Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Health Coach Certification Program
- BJ Fogg
- Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg
- Pile of Poo song from the Emojiland musical
- Functional Medicine Coaching by Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum
- Stop Panic Attacks in 10 Easy Steps by Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum
- How to Give Clients the Skills to Stop Panic Attacks by Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum