On Today’s Show
We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them. – Epictetus
Do you suffer from decision fatigue on a daily basis? Are you feeling run down with a busy schedule, emotional roller coasters, or a demanding job and not sure how to implement change?
This week, Dr. Michelle Robin is joined by an expert on detoxing the brain, Dr. Austin Perlmutter. He is a board-certified internal medicine physician and New York Times bestselling author. He received his medical degree from the University of Miami and completed his internal medicine residency at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland Oregon.
His focus is in helping others to improve decision-making and quality of life. He is also interested in methods of understanding and reducing burnout in the medical field.
Join Dr. Michelle and Dr. Austin as they talk about:
- Why he felt called to study medicine during his sophomore year of college.
- The decision he made to switch from internal to mental health.
- Big impact that chronic disease is causing on our health on a global scale and why we need to create greater awareness around it.
- The top reasons why people are facing burnout before, now, and after the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Tops reasons why 50% of medical doctors and those in the healthcare field are facing burnout on a regular basis.
Turn small changes to big shifts today as we learn:
- Biggest surprises and takeaways from writing Brainwash with his father, David Perlmutter.
- How you can reframe anxiety so that it’s either helpful for you or something you can avoid.
- The fact that uncertainty will always be a factor in our lives and how to accept that.
- Why we can’t control everything that goes on in the world but we can control what goes on inside of ourselves.
In this episode we will also learn how to apply the acronym, TIME, to our lives:
- Time restricted
Listen and find out how you can work through any anxious thoughts or emotions caused by COVID 19.
- Austin Perlmutter
- Board-certified internal medicine physician
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
Mentioned In This Episode
- Dr. Austin Perlmutter
- Brain Wash
- Dr. David Perlmutter
- The Modern Brain
- Brain Wash by David Perlmutter, M.D., and Austin Perlmutter, M.D. – Book Trailer
- Small Changes Big Shifts episode 243 with Tom Rath
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.