On Today’s Show
Instead of following your passion, finding our greatest contribution. – Tom Rath
How can you make the world a better place by maximizing your contribution?
Small Changes Big Shifts is excited to share Tom Rath’s message with you this week! Tom is an author and researcher who has spent the past two decades studying how work can improve human health and well-being. His 10 books have sold more than 10 million copies and made hundreds of appearances on global bestseller lists.
Tom’s first book, How Full Is Your Bucket? was an instant #1 New York Times bestseller and led to a series of books and activities for kids that are used in classrooms around the world. His book, StrengthsFinder 2.0, is Amazon’s top selling non-fiction book of all time. Tom’s other bestsellers include Strengths Based Leadership, Wellbeing, Eat Move Sleep, Are You Fully Charged?, and his latest, Life’s Great Question.
During his 13 years at Gallup, Tom was the Program Leader for the development of Clifton StrengthsFinder, which has helped over 10 million people to uncover their talents, and went on to lead the organization’s employee engagement, wellbeing, and leadership practices worldwide. Tom has served for the past five years as a Gallup Senior Scientist.
Join us as Tom explains how our natural talents are the best place to understand how we can best help the world to maximize our contribution and figure out where we have the most potential to make a difference.
Tune in as Dr. Michelle Robin and Tom Rath discuss:
- His mission to help people lead better lives through their organizations and how that creates a trickle down effect in the world.
- How we can get to the point where our work serves a greater purpose than just a paycheck.
- His current thoughts on purpose now that we are experiencing the COVID 19 virus.
- The positive impact finding purpose in our work has on not only us but others as well.
- How you can best apply your strengths to your personal and professional life.
- Why we sometimes mismatch who we are with what the world needs and how to correct that mistake.
- Three activities you should include in each day of your life.
Find out why it’s better to first figure out what kind of contribution you can make in our world instead of following your passion.
Life’s most urgent and persistent question is, “What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tom Rath
- CLICK HERE to connect on LinkedIn
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
Mentioned In This Episode
- Tom Rath
- It’s What You Can Contribute Speech by Ben Horowitz
- Life’s Great Question
- How Full Is Your Bucket?
- StrengthsFinder 2.0
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Eat Move Sleep
- Are You Fully Charged?
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.