On Today’s Show
Mental health is a commitment to reality at all costs. – M. Scott Peck
Britt’s work focuses on empowering people to understand the inner mechanisms of their brains and bodies. She believes that when we know how things work, the capacity for CHOICE is restored and life can and does change.
Whether she’s leading a workshop, teaching a class, or working individually with private clients, Britt’s goal is to educate, empower, and equip people to transform even their most persistent and long-standing patterns of thinking and doing.
More About Britt Frank
As a graduate of both Duke University (AB) and the University of Kansas (MSW), Britt is a trauma specialist who is certified in Somatic Experiencing and is currently enrolled in Level 1 Internal Family Systems training.
She’s also an award-winning adjunct professor at KU and has taught classes on ethics, addiction, and social work practice. She has shared her wisdom as a featured mental health expert on several other podcasts, blogs, and television.
Tune in as Dr. Michelle and Britt discuss:
- Her background and what led her to becoming a therapist after her own personal growth journey.
- The reality that none of us are broken and how we can begin to see it for ourselves.
- How we can start to understand why the mind and body are so emotionally interconnected.
- The fact that mental health has so much to do with body awareness.
- Her tips and personal insights on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder.
- The current training she is doing with internal family systems and what guidance she would give to listeners who have not had an ideal childhood.
Build up your emotional intelligence as Britt shares:
- Why wallowing is not a way of processing pain but emotional self harm and a means to stay comfortable and avoid our inner truth.
- Quick brain hacks to help you better understand your emotions by asking not ‘Why’ questions but ‘Where,’ ‘When,’ and ‘Who’ questions.
- Why honoring your pain in no way dishonors your family because we’re all just doing the very best we can.
- The fact that health and wellness professionals like Dr. Michelle and Britt also need help and guidance with their own journeys.
- Why the more we open up about what we’re thinking and feeling, the less pain and suffering we will experience.
- What she’s the most excited about right now including her narcissistic abuse recovery courses for the organization Narcinon: Narcissism from the Inside Out and Narcissism Deconstructed.
It’s not our job to pull people onto the path of awakening growth. It’s your job to love and respect your choices as they make their way home. – Unknown
- Britt Frank
- Trauma Specialist
- CLICK HERE to connect on LinkedIn
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
- CLICK HERE to connect on YouTube
Mentioned In This Episode
- Britt Frank
- The Greenhouse KC
- Narcissism from the Inside Out
- Narcissism Deconstructed
- Living in Vitality | AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Dr. Terry Wahls will be In Conversation with Dr. Michelle Robin on March 19th
- Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast episode 235 – Meredith Atwood
- Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast episode 237 – Randi Fine
- Brené Brown
- Laura Ponce
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.