On Today’s Show
Your body is always talking; are you listening? – Dr. Terry Wahls
Have you gotten to the point where you don’t believe your health can get any better?
Well, our Small Changes Big Shifts 3-time guest today is Author of the The Wahls Protocol series , Dr. Terry Wahls, is here to share her own story of leading a healthier life since her secondary progressive multiple sclerosis diagnosis via a holistic approach with tools such as diet and exercise.
Tune in as Dr. Michelle and Dr. Terry discuss:
- How we can prevent and heal autoimmune conditions by optimizing our environment to the best of our ability.
- Wahls’ experience as a traditionally-trained internal medicine physician and why she was first skeptical of healing through a holistic approach.
- Her initial approach to healing her MS without success compared to what happened when she started to change her diet and began eating meat again but reduced grains, legumes, and dairy.
- How the work of Loren Cordain inspired her to begin making lifestyle choices to heal her body.
- Natural signals that her body shares with her when it needs attention and how she’s teaching patients to also pay attention to their biosensors.
- What you will learn in The Revised and Expanded The Wahls Protocol
As you listen to this special episode, Dr. Terry not only shares her own wellness journey but advises:
- How you can put the odds in your favor from Day 1.
- What you can do to help family members start focusing on their health.
- The huge importance of knowing your ‘why’ to really motivate your goals.
- Why we have to “put today’s pleasures on hold for tomorrow’s benefit.”
- The win-win outcome of supporting your family by focusing on your own health.
- How to put together a diet for yourself that is going to help you rebuild your health.
You can pick up a one page summary of The Wahls Protocol
dietary plan at www.terrywahls.com/diet
- Terry Wahls
- Clinical Professor at University of Iowa
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
- CLICK HERE to connect on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to connect on YouTube
- CLICK HERE to connect on Pinterest
Mentioned In This Episode
- Dr. Terry Wahls
- Dr. Terry Wahls will be In Conversation with Dr. Michelle Robin at 7pm on March 19th at Your Wellness Connection
- Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast Ep. 76: Terry Wahls, M.D.
- Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast Ep. 30: Terry Wahls, M.D.
- The Wahls Protocol dietary plan
- The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine
- The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles
- The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions From Surviving to Thriving with Multiple Sclerosis—The Wahls Protocol
- Dr. Loren Cordain
- The Institute For Functional Medicine
- Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast Ep. 233: Laurie Gerber
- Handel Group® Life Coaching
- The Game Changers | Official Trailer
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.