On Today’s Show
The most powerful words in the world are, ‘me too.’ – Anne Lamott on the positive impact of vulnerability
How can we take back the power to fuel our mind, body, and spirit?
This week, Dr. Michelle Robin is joined by mother of three, blogger, self-proclaimed lover of food, and Author of the best-selling book, Instant Loss Cookbook, and her latest, Instant Loss: Eat Real, Lose Weight, Brittany Williams.
Brittany has a remarkable Small Changes Big Shifts story as she decided to take charge of her family’s health by removing processed snacks, takeout and high-calorie meals from her their menus.
She replaced those foods with healthier meals she could make in her Instant Pot. She has since lost 125 lbs and has been featured in several media outlets including Good Morning America, The Today Show, US Weekly and more.
As you listen to this episode, Brittany shares:
- The moment she decided both herself and her family needed to take better care of their health.
- Her daughter’s autoimmune disease, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, and the special diet she created to help reduce the symptoms.
- The diet her own parents followed at home and why they were eating so many processed foods without realizing the negative impact of them.
- How she is helping her family break the mold of poor nutrition by making small changes to her everyday life as an example for them.
It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. – Frederick Douglass
Find out more about Brittany and her family’s wellness journey as she and Dr. Michelle discuss:
- Her experience with body dysmorphia before and after she lost the 125 pounds from eating better.
- The positive impact a healthier diet has made on her daughter’s juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is now on lower dosage of medicine.
- Common autoimmune diseases including her own thyroid disease, Hashimoto’s.
- The responsibility we have to be the ones to change our health through better nutrition rather than rely on medication.
- Why going all out and cutting everything out instead of focusing on balance is not a helpful approach to lifestyle change.
Discover the top 3 things a parent can do to help a child learn healthy habits.
- Get your children involved in the kitchen and grocery shopping.
- Continue to make their favorite dishes but prepare them in a healthier way.
- Don’t cut out everything and focus on balance.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. – William Arthur Ward
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
- CLICK HERE to connect on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to connect on Pinterest
- CLICK HERE to connect on YouTube
Mentioned In This Episode
- Instant Loss Cookbook
- Instant Loss: Eat Real, Lose Weight
- Brittany’s upcoming event at Your Wellness Connection with Rainy Day Books on December 12th!
- Big Shifts Foundation
- Small Changes Big Shifts Episode 012: Brooke Wesley – What is Healthy Body Image and How to Live It
- Applegate Natural & Organic Meats
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.