On Today’s Show
If you don’t heal the heart, you will never heal the body. – Dr. Michelle Robin
In this special BONUS episode of Small Changes Big Shifts, we are joined by two of Resolve Counseling & Wellness Center Licensed Counselors in Kansas City, Allison Kidd, LMSW and Jessica Nickels how to live a healthy life by making small changes for big shifts but also two incredible upcoming events: Care4U2 and The SHIFT Experience.
Care4U2 – October 25th: Click here to learn more about the Care4U2 Event
The 3rd Annual Care4U2 is A self-care event for helping professionals that is happening on Friday, October 25th 2019 from 9:00 am – 3:30pm at the KU Edwards Campus.
Helper: someone who spends their time and energy supporting someone else. (social workers, counselors, clergy, doctors, nurses, community health workers, aids, wellness professionals…) Is that you? This event if for you!
This year’s CARE4U2 theme is Leave Feeling Better. Speakers will cover topics from body image, relationships, grief, communication, mindfulness and wellbeing. There will be local resources onsite with information booths. One of our vendors will have massage and acupuncture available!
Resolve’s CARE4U2 event includes 4 CEUs, lunch and networking.
The SHIFT Experience
We believe that whole health wellbeing comes from four components or “quadrants”: Mechanical, Chemical, Energetic, Psycho-spiritual
Being healthy and staying well for a lifetime takes more than being diligent in one area. It requires balance and harmony in all areas to create whole person health. Wellness empowerment through lifestyle behaviors means practicing balance and putting the odds in your favor through small changes that make big shifts in whole health outcomes.
A team of Wellness Coaches, Chiropractors, Registered Nurses, and Mental Health professionals will help you understand the four Quadrants of Wellbeing and support you as you work towards you own personal small changes. The program is mentored by Dr. Michelle Robin and managed by Wendy Basch, RN. Sessions will be available at 4 locations in the Kansas City area (including Your Wellness Connection in Shawnee, KS) AND even in your community.
Mantra of the day: Stay cool, calm, and collected.
About Today’s Guests: Allison Kidd and Jessica Nickels
Allison Kidd is a Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Master Addictions Counselor in the state of Kansas, a member of the National Association of Social Workers, and a Senior Level Clinician at Resolve. She specializes in working with teens and young adults, ages 13-25, who are experiencing depression and/or anxiety.
Jessica Nickels is a Licensed Professional Counselor who specializes in cognitive processing therapy and believes that the Psychospiritual Quadrant is vital for all of the Four Quadrants Of Wellbeing To work together. She helps her clients focus on a whole-health approach that helps them build build emotional intelligence, communication effectiveness, lifestyle modification and resiliency skills
As you tune in, Dr. Michelle, Allison, and Jessica also discuss:
- Why it’s important to celebrate the small wins and examples of them such as scheduling a therapy appointment and showing up to it.
- How to build intrinsic motivation, confidence, and positive attitude with small changes.
- A good sleep routine for students and young adults should be following.
- What a brain dump practice is and how to apply it to your self-care routine.
- The benefits of being part of group work therapy rather than one-on-one.
- How to reconnect with yourself through self-care and self-love practices.
There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in. – Desmond Tutu
- Jessica Nickels
- Licensed Professional Counselor who specializes in cognitive processing therapy.
- Allison Kidd
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Master Addictions Counselor.
Connect with Resolve Counseling & Wellness
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
- CLICK HERE to connect on Pinterest
Mentioned In This Episode
- Resolve Counseling & Wellness Center
- The SHIFT Experience
- The E-Factor by Dr. Michelle Robin
- Small Changes Big Shifts episode 210 – Wendy Basch
- Small Changes Big Shifts episode 208 – Lisa Adams
- Small Changes Big Shifts episode 076 – Dr. Terry Wahls
- Small Changes Big Shifts episode 030 – Dr. Terry Wahls
- A Dog’s Purpose – Official Trailer
- A Dog’s Journey – Official Trailer
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.