On Today’s Show
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
Jessica Blublaugh has spent 15 years in the non-profit sector, specifically in events and marketing. After four years at the KC Sports Commission, she moved on to the Women’s Sports Foundation in New York and then Atlanta. In her time there, Jessica had the opportunity to work with sports greats like Billie Jean King, Michelle Kwan, Aimee Mullins, Julie Foudy and Jessica Mendoza, managing the organization’s major fundraisers and community events.
Jessica returned to the Kansas City Sports Commission in September of 2018 as the Director of the Women’s Intersport Network for Kansas City after 11 years, having started her career with WIN in 2003 as an intern and then the Program and Media Relations Coordinator.
Tune in as her and Dr. Michelle discuss:
- Her love of sports and how she’s able to apply that in both a professional space and inspire other women and young girls.
- The benefits of helping young girls become involved in sports at a young age.
- Specific statistics on the correlation between women in C-Suite positions and playing sports competitively and for fun.
- The importance of reaching out and connecting with people of all different backgrounds.
- WIN for KC’s annual luncheon fundraiser that Dr. Michelle attends every year.
- How WIN for KC supports the local community including Camp WIN each summer.
- All Women’s triathlon and duathlon that they put on very year in the Kansas City area.
- The importance of taking the time to find play throughout your day.
Listen and learn all about their upcoming Shift – Win Through Mindfulness & Movement this September 14th.
- Jessica Blublaugh
- Director of the Women’s Intersport Network for Kansas City
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on LinkedIn
- CLICK HERE to connect on Instagram
- CLICK HERE to connect on Twitter
Mentioned In This Episode
- Camp WIN
- Win For Kc Women’s Triathlon & Duathlon
- Shift – Win Through Mindfulness & Movement
- Midwest Alliance for Mindfulness
- MOJO Cycling
- Power Life Yoga Barre Fitness
- Your Wellness Connection
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.