On Today’s Show
The gap between where you are and self-love is self-care.– Dr. Michelle Robin
Young mother and Senior Operations Manager for the First Hand Foundation, Shanna Adamic, knew that something was wrong with her health but various misdiagnosis she received from dehydration to sinus infections were keeping her from knowing the truth that she had a rare benign brain tumor called an Acoustic Neuroma.
Then, one day she and her husband learned about Maria Menounos’ brain tumor diagnosis and noticed similar patterns and symptoms with what Shanna was experiencing. Discussing those very symptoms with her doctor set her on a new journey of healing and saving her life.
As part of Brain Cancer Awareness Month for May, we are honored to share Shanna’s voice on Small Changes Big Shifts.
As you listen to this episode, Shanna shares:
- The importance of being an advocate for your own health and digging for the right answers when you feel like you don’t have them yet.
- How she came back stronger after surgery with a drive to be a voice for better health.
- What she does on a daily basis to continue to give herself the self-care and self-love she deserves.
- The life transformations she has experienced with family, colleagues, and on her own.
- How to be there for people who are supporting their loved ones through difficult times.
Listen and discover how you can build an emotionally and physically healthy community in your local area.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! – Rocky Balboa
Mentioned In This Episode
- First Hand Foundation
- Small Changes Big Shifts Episode 191 with Jonah Yakel
- The Unexpected Symptom That Finally Led to Maria Menounos’ Brain Tumor Diagnosis
- The Cocktail Hour Podcast – Managing Health and Business During a Crisis with Shanna Adamic
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.