On Today’s Show
“If I can find love, kindness, and compassion for myself, then I can find it for my mother because everyone is just trying to do the very best that they can.” – Crystal Jenkins
Today on Small Changes Big Shifts, we are honoring mothers withYour Wellness Connection’s very own, Crystal Jenkins. Crystal is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor at Your Wellness Connection as well was a Director of Teacher Training at The Hoffman Institute.
Mother’s Day can mean a lot of different things for everyone as each of us has a different relationship with our mothers.
Today, we’re reminding you that even if that relationship is complicated, you can still love and appreciate your mother in your own way. So, not only are we honoring mothers today but also supporting those who may be struggling with the relationship they have with their mother, their role as a parent, or finding inner peace and self-love for themselves.
As you listen, you will learn:
- How to transfer from the relationship you had with your parents as a child to the one you now have as an adult.
- How to give others more compassion by loving and “dating yourself” first.
- How you can be the best parent you can be by teaching your children how to love themselves and how to get back up with strength when they fall down by being an example for them.
- Why you emotionally and physically react the way you do as a response to daily interactions.
- How breathwork, meditation, and being present can help heal your aches and pains.
Listen and find out how you can put yourself in your mother’s own shoes to imagine what her own childhood was like including where she was living and who she was living with. This will help you to understand your mother’s own struggles, self-beliefs, thoughts, and emotions and in turn, improve your relationship with each other.
In this special episode, we also dive deep into how the Hoffman Institute can help you understand where you come from including which thoughts, habits, and behaviors have been passed down to you so that you may reset and recreate yourself through self-compassion and self-love by being more present with yourself.
“We can’t give away what we don’t have.” – Wayne Dyer
- Crystal Jenkins
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
- Director of Teacher Training at The Hoffman Institute
Mentioned In This Episode
- Your Wellness Connection
- Small Changes Big Shifts Ep. 15: Dr. Michelle Robin – The Ultimate Lesson My Cycling Accident Taught Me
- Small Changes Big Shifts Ep. 32: Dr. Michelle Robin – One Year Later
- Small Changes Big Shifts Ep. 18: Raz Ingrasci And Frank Ferrante – Ready To Feng Shui Your Soul?
- The Hoffman Institute
- The Hoffman Process – A Path To Personal Freedom and Love
- Wayne Dyer
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.