On Today’s Show
The best thing that you can invest in is yourself. – Dr. Brandon Brock
Today on Small Changes Big Shifts, we have someone who is very dear to Dr. Michelle Robin and that is Dr. Brandon Brock. When Dr. Michelle injured her head in a bicycle accident years ago, she sought out answers on how to heal her brain and Dr. Brock was there to help.
Dr. Brandon Brock is a multi-disciplinary practitioner that practices in the fields of functional neurology, physical medicine, orthopedics, nutrition, and family medicine. He enjoys helping those suffering from chronic conditions, and patients with multiple issues related to health and collaborating with colleagues and supervising practitioners for optimum results and good patient care. He treats everything from TBI to woman’s health.
As you listen, you’ll find out how important it is to really go deep into healing parts of the brain that have been injured that typically don’t show up on an MRI scan. When that happens, you have to do a physical and figure out ways to activate parts of the brain to help engage connectivity, efficiency, and productivity.
In addition to discussing what steps one should take if you have a brain injury in this episode, Dr. Brock also explains the importance of taking care of your gut’s health, having your immune system in check, and keeping tabs on any disorders you may have that can lead to inflammation in order to keep your brain healthy.
As you’ll hear in this interview, no matter what your age is, it’s so important to make your health a priority. Here are Dr. Brock’s top tips to help keep your children healthy:
- Have mandatory family time in a fun environment with no devices.
- Have face to face conversations on a regular basis and in an easy-going environment such as the kitchen.
- Cook more food at home with them so they can learn too.
- Set expectations for them to follow but be very understanding if failure happens and see it as a learning moment.
- Let them know that they can come to you if they’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Teach them to treat others with kindness.
I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. – Oprah Winfrey
- Brandon Bock
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner and Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist
- CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to connect on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to connect on LinkedIn
Mentioned In This Episode
- BTB Health Systems
- Innovative Health & Wellness Group
- Foundation Physicians Group
- Functional Neurological Seminars
- Tara Brock Wellness
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below. This will help tremendously in getting the word out.